Home Network Devices Ashburn VA
43533 Golden Meadow Cir
21854 Hyde Park Dr
20340 Bowfonds Street
Computers and Equipment Repair and Maintenance, Computer Consultants, Computer and Equipment Dealers
Data Provided By:
2M Software Associates
20605 Gordon Park Sq
Number 6 Software
19591 Saratoga Springs Pl
Foresyght Technology Inc
20813 Mintwood Ct
Ashburn Software Inc
44212 Mossy Brook Sq
D B Flow Inc
20590 Coppersmith Dr
21258 Smokehouse Ct
Sine Nomine Associates
43596 Blacksmith Sq
Data Provided By:
HandymanWire - Wiring a Home Network
| Maybe the concept of a home computer network seems a little far out, but to those of you with multiple computers already in the house and especially those who are looking at some sort of high speed rather than a dialup connection?.this is a fairly critical issue. |
| Some of the benefits of a home network are: |
- You can share files
- You can share printers, scanners, etc.
- You can make backup copies of your important files on another machine
- You can extend the life of one of your old computers by installing a giant hard drive and let it live out its remaining years as an MP3 server, a backup file server, etc.
- If you are using dialup connection to the internet a network would allow all calls to go from one modem on one computer?.good for security reasons.
- If you are using high speed access to the internet, then everyone can share the benefits. What you need and how much will it cost?..as usual the answer is "It all depends?.", but the parts you need are easily specified and are standard. The only big variable is how you do the wiring, do you want to expand the scope of the wiring to include cable TV, phone, stereo?.etc.
The basics?.This will be an Ethernet network (not any real choice about this). Fortunately, you don't have to know what Ethernet is or how it works. Buy and wire all the components so that the network will run at 100 Megabits. Many (if not most?) offices are still running 10 Megabit networks?.since we're starting this from scratc...
Click here to read the rest of this article from Handyman