Insulation Contractors Tualatin OR
Oswego Drywall Installers Inc
14865 Sw 72nd Ave
po box 6673
Drywall Specialties of Oregon
2307 Sw Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy
Mudpuppy Construction & Drywall Inc
5514 Se Henderson St
Good Guys Drywall & Remodeling
3440 Se 143rd Ave
7130 Sw Fir Loop
Beare Be Enterprises Incorporated
5699 Se International Way
Anthony Richard Hentkowski
3322 Se 39th Ave
Columbia Drywall Systems Incorporated
9331 Ne Colfax St
Borho R J Contracting
2343 Se 152nd Ave
HandymanWire -Miscellaneous Insulation Questions and Answers
I have a problem with noise from outside in the house. I have hard wood floors. My house is old and has plaster walls and wood exterior. I've upgraded the windows and have insulated attic, but that has not helped. I'm thinking of having insulation shot in the walls but I've been warned that can be a nightmare down the road. Are the any inexpensive fixes you can suggest, or any sites I should be looking at.
The insulation in the walls will certainly help. Where do you live? Insulation is usually a good idea anyway(except where you don't need heat or air conditioning) I do not know what the nightmare down the road will be...... what have you heard??
Amount Needed Insulation
We are currently having a house built in Southern New Jersey. It was recommended to increase the
insulation in the ceiling from R30 to R38 and in the walls from R13 to R15. The builder came back
with an additional cost of $650 for the walls and $400 for the ceiling. The house is 2 stories with
approximately 2100 square feet. I am looking for a recommendation as to the validity in what we are
doing and what you think of the cost. Would we save enough in our heat and cooling bills to justify the cost?
Without crunching the numbers considering surface area etc., I would bet that the increase in 2 R on the wall is NOT worth it. The ceiling most likely is. How did he propose going to 15R from 13R??
ALL insulation is worth it. It just becomes a question of how long to recover initial cost. If you plan to stay in you house a few years, you will see the recovery in your heating bills tough you may not even recognize it. Though 60% of heat loss is through attics and floors,the other 40% is through walls. Any increase is helpful.
I was once a fanatic about this sort of thing....
Doing some rough figuring, using an 85% efficient furnace, I figure the savings of going from 13R to 15R is about 26 gallons of oil a year. That would be about a 25 year payback.... That isn't much... typically you would like to make your investment payback in 5 years.
I recently bought a raised ranch. There are two bedrooms over the garage that are always cold. I removed the ceiling from the garage and I found that there was R-8 insulation installed with the paper side down (facing you from the garage). There are also heat ducts for the two aforementioned rooms that are uninsulated (forced hot air heat). The beams are 2 x 8. House was built in 1964, steel beam construction. My questions are as follows: 1. Obviously, the ceiling is not properly insulated.... What would be the best way to insulate the garage, which R-value would be correct? Should the ducts also be wrapped before the batts are installed? 2. Should the paper-faced side of the batt face the floor of the room above or face the garage? I'm confused about this. 3. Would it be o...
Click here to read the rest of this article from Handyman