Latex or Oil Stain Remover Billings MT
A & H Turf & Specialties, Inc.
468 South Moore Lane
Data Provided By:
Aldrich And Company
2021 4th Ave North
1518 1st Ave N Billings, MT, 59101
Billings - D
2424 Central Ave
Western Tool Supply- Billings
3088 Gabel Road Billings, MT, 59102
The Home Depot
2784 King Ave West
Kings Ace Hardware
4170 State Ave
1050 S. 25th Street West Billings, MT, 59102
2717 King Avenue West
M-SA 6 am - 10 pm
SU 8 am - 8 pm
LOWE'S OF BILLINGS, MT.
2717 KING AVENUE WEST BILLINGS, MT, 59102
Data Provided By:
Stripping Latex or Oil Stains
The only way to ensure a strong adhesion of a new finish to old wood is by getting down to the bare wood. However, years of sealers, old finishes and dirt on an old deck can make a refinishing project seem insurmountable. To cut down on the amount of time you'll have to invest in this project, and to get down to the bare wood quickly, use Flood StainStrip®. It will strip away stubborn coatings like latex or oil-based solid-hide or semi-transparent stains.
| What You Need: |
- StainStrip Exterior Stain Stripper
- Tarp, dropcloths, wiping rags
- Latex gloves, eye protection
- A stiff bristle (not wire) brush
- A standard brush or roller
- Garden hose or pressure washer
- Soap and water
| Doing The Job: |
- Cover any areas you will not be treating or stripping, such as plants, shrubs, bushes and trim work, with a tarp or dropcloth. Be sure to wear gloves and eye protection whenever working with a stain and finish remover.
- With the brush or roller, apply a uniform coat of the undiluted StainStrip remover. Keep the area wet for 15-20 minutes. After 20 minutes, check to see if the old finish is beginning to soften or dissolve from the surface.
- When the dirt and old finish begins to lift from the wood, scrub with the stiff bristle brush or use a pressure washer. Repeat the process on stubborn areas.
- Once the finish is removed, rinse the deck and adjacent areas thoroughly with large amounts of fresh water. Use the highes...
Click here to read the rest of this article from Handyman